View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Several Posting Issues 

Post Re: Several Posting Issues
Drohem wrote:
Hey guys, just a couple of things that I have observed thus far:

Multi-Quote Function
It appears this forum doesn't have this function, or at least, it's not easy to spot, LOL! It would be a nice feature to add.

Post Scrolling
I've noticed that when I am writing a post, it automatically scrolls back to the top of the post. This is extremely annoying and makes it difficult to post. Has anyone else experienced this?

David R wrote:
I suffer from Post Scrolling Stress, too. That sounded logical before I wrote it down.

Regards,
David R

Drohem wrote:
walkerp wrote:
I notice the second behaviour, but I have javascript turned off in my browser and so it behaves like that in a lot of forums. Maybe that's the issue, Drohem?

hmm... I've only noticed this issue on this specific site. It only occurs when you write a lengthy post. Short posts don't activate the scroll bar on the right.

I'll ask my wife to check if it's a javascript thingie. She the brains of the outfit when it comes to computer speak. ;) :lol:

This is multi-quote!

OK, it has limitations, but here's how I did it. I clicked on post reply. Then, if you scroll down, you'll see a list of previous posts. Each of them has a little button in the upper right corner that says Quote. When you click it, it adds that posts text to your reply box - and you can do it for any of the posts in that list of previous posts.

The limitation is that the list only goes back so many posts...

Does that help?

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2