View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
This Forum Sucks! 

Post Re: Outlaw Press/Jim Shipman is back
I didn't realize we had Nox here too.

EDIT: I've been kind of thinking I might like to go back to RPGnet lately. It'd be nice to be able to talk about RPGs again without being banished to some grubby backwater with the same handful of grudgebearers.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail

J Arcane wrote:
EDIT: I've been kind of thinking I might like to go back to RPGnet lately. It'd be nice to be able to talk about RPGs again without being banished to some grubby backwater with the same handful of grudgebearers.

What are you waiting for? Go for it.

My mod voice is red

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 pm
Profile E-mail

J Arcane wrote:

Wait...Nox is here? Classic...

And are you calling this a grubby backwater with a handful of grudgebearers?

Can we use that as a t-shirt?

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail

J Arcane wrote:

I think the Nox hypothesis is certainly worth considering.

I post occasionally over at Rpg.net, but I'm fairly certain my preferred brand of asshollery would have me banned in short order, which is why i have under 30 posts. That, and any time a game I'm interested in comes up for discussion,the thread is on page 10 before you know it.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Jim Skach wrote:

only in good humor, sir, I assure you. I just get lonely here when the board goes two weeks without a single post. And don't tell me "so post something", if I have a conversation I want to start I will start one, sometimes, though I just want to listen and respond.

And if Judge Death isn't Nox I'll eat my hat.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Aos wrote:
J Arcane wrote:

I think the Nox hypothesis is certainly worth considering.

I post occasionally over at Rpg.net, but I'm fairly certain my preferred brand of asshollery would have me banned in short order, which is why i have under 30 posts. That, and any time a game I'm interested in comes up for discussion,the thread is on page 10 before you know it.

Honestly, how sad is it that the world of RPGs is so small that you can start recognizing so many of the same faces from site to site. I rarely recognize anyone moving from vedgame site to site.

My problem is I suspect they'd deny the appeal. It's been a while, but I did leave with some mod grudges (I was no silent voice over Darren's behavior), and the fact that I spent so much time on Pundit's turf makes me wonder if I'm just tainted goods in their eyes. They did delete my user account and convert my posts to unregistered, but I think they did that with a lot of old banned folk.

I just feel like the circle I'm in now isn't really meeting my gaming needs. I want new ideas and new games, to fire up the old noggin, and the culture of RPGsite and it's ancillaries seems to have more to do with clinging to the old. Plus, the promotion possibilities in a site that size are a lot better. Hard to get people excited about a Warcraft RPG when they're always ranting about how MMOs are the death of the industry.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail

There is some good conversation over at rpg.net, but it's best for short discussions focused on info-gathering. And the modclique is as bad as ever.

I think it is also a function of a general evolution of our hobby's online manifestations. If you watch TT, you will see the same conversations coming up over and over. Not a whole lot new to talk about. The whole big picture is changing, I think.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

J Arcane wrote:
Jim Skach wrote:

only in good humor, sir, I assure you. I just get lonely here when the board goes two weeks without a single post. And don't tell me "so post something", if I have a conversation I want to start I will start one, sometimes, though I just want to listen and respond.

And if Judge Death isn't Nox I'll eat my hat.

Dammit - it's no fun if you weren't serious...

...but I still like it...The RPG Haven: A Grubby Backwater with a Handful of Grudgebearers.

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Every now and then, the subject of frequenting RPG.net will come up and invariably, I'll go take a peak to see how things are over there.

So I did and found out that Droog has been banned today for, brace yourself, "group attacks on people who work retail". Whatever the fuck that means.

I thought about giving it a try a few months ago when I left the Haven but even Levi Kornelsen, who used to be a somewhat decent guy, was being a total asshole over there. Fuck that.

My mod voice is red

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail

In all fairness, it's not like RPGnet has a monopoly on being a total cock on the internet.

Isn't that why many of us left theRPGsite too?

I think after a point you just have to accept that there are cocks on the internet, and that you must learn to avoid them, or just not use the internet.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next