View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Ideas to get more traffic here 

Post Re: Ideas to get more traffic here
TheRPGInformer wrote:
Ok, Ok Thengel, I get the point.

I was trying to come up with ideas to get more people here because I like this site but I can see my effort is not appreciated so I will not go on/post about this any further.

My apologies

Not everything is about you. I was joking with my good friend CD. The guy and I have a history. Sorry if you were offended but sometimes, the best ideas come from a little comedy. So....

Lighten up Francis. :D

Here's one for ya, a really bad idea but if all you want is traffic, make an off-topic forum. This way we could have screeds about all manner of things much like those listed.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Yeah, Infoguy. This is us having a laugh at an old Haven's tradition.

My mod voice is red

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am
Profile E-mail

Thengel wrote:
Lighten up Francis. :D

"You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you."

Yeah, I got the stripes reference ;)

As for the post, I miss read it. My bad. :)

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:02 am
Profile E-mail

Shaggy wrote:
I just thought of another idea.

It does help to send out newsletters to all your members from time to time reminding them to check out the forum again. I find that peoples' attention on the internet is fleeting. They might sign up for your forum today and forget about it by tomorrow. A nice reminder sometimes brings a few people back.

I actually think this is the best idea yet. A monthly newsletter to all members briefly mentioning what topics have been under discussion in the last month just might help to bring people back on a regular basis. It would remind them to look in, anyway.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Thalaba wrote:
I actually think this is the best idea yet. A monthly newsletter to all members briefly mentioning what topics have been under discussion in the last month just might help to bring people back on a regular basis. It would remind them to look in, anyway.

This is a good idea and I said so before. The problem is how to do it without worrying about people reporting it as spam. People might say "I never asked for this!" and it could cause problems.

If we can come up with a good way of doing it with out causing problems then yes, this is a great idea.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10