View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
I shouldn't waste my time on this bullshit 
Site Admin

Post Re: I shouldn't waste my time on this bullshit
Well, my defusing of the situation has been a total success. Best Admin *EVAR!*

-clash

I FLY BY NIGHT Blog: http://iflybynight.blogspot.com/

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Beno, if you don't have time for bullshit, then don't engage in it so enthusiastically. Just let it ride. How about NOT fucking up a simple discussion of snacks with cross-board drama, eh?

I can't remember now whose banning it was made me leave therpgsite. It might actually have been JDCorley. There are rather too many unique precious snowflakes online. Pundit is one, rpginformer is another, Beno has become one.

Disagreeing with you is not a personal attack, and if I say, "if you think differently, you are wrong and stupid," then obviously I'm being deliberately ridiculous. Wipe your spittle of indignation off your t-shirt and post a response which if not informative is at least funny. I realise that for some of you teh internetz is serious business, but really, get a grip.

SNACKS, for fuck's sakes. And what else was it? The importance of a GM in a game. Dear God. This is a hobby where pudgy hairy guys who were picked last in school for sports teams can pretend to be elven princesses or Navy SEALS. It is not a serious hobby. It's a game. Chill out, and have another cheeto.

"Don't let yourself get too worried about all this talk about roleplaying [...] the ultimate object of all this is for everyone to have fun, not to recreate some form of high dramatic art." - Dungeoneer

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I think I will post about my chocolate mousse pie with homemade whipped cream. mmmm.

Look, I am with Kyle and Clash on this. Crossboard drama is not what we need IMO.

Benoist, should you read this, I know we have had our disagreements in the past but in this I fully see your point. I really think it is a case of culture, and by culture I mean the people that make up the posting community. The community changed at theRPGSite, RPG.Net and EnWorld in such a way that I no longer enjoyed participating. It was not so much "I hated those boards" or that I was banned (I am not banned from any RPG board) but just a case of they did not fire my imagination, engage me in a way that I wanted to participate. Who has time for such things? So, if you feel that is what is happening here, I totally understand. If not, and it is just you are mad with RPGInformer, meh, put him on ignore.

Good travels and know you are always welcome.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Crap there was melodrama and I'm not responsible. I am so slipping. It is always disappointing to see people walk though.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I agree with Thengel. There is an ignore list function. So if someone is driving you batshit, just put them on it and continue posting with people that aren't. Simple really.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am
Profile E-mail

SeriousPaul wrote:
Crap there was melodrama and I'm not responsible. I am so slipping. It is always disappointing to see people walk though.

I posted the same thread on here, dungeondelver and dragonsfoot, and Beno posted a clone on therpgsite. Only on this forum did it lead to drama drama drama. So it's obviously not me, nor the topic itself. What is different between the forums? Therpginformer, and his taking things so fucking seriously. That plus somehow the thread became a pissfest between Beno and JDCorley, fuck knows how that came about. I don't like to think what they've done to each-other that they both have such significant butthurt.

Usually the ones who make a thread solely to tell us they're walking will be back. The ones who actually leave for good, it's just a quiet post in some other thread, or else no post at all, they just walk away. The big thread is posted so we'll beg them not to leave. It's like the wrist-cutting of the suicide: across for attention, down for death.

"Don't let yourself get too worried about all this talk about roleplaying [...] the ultimate object of all this is for everyone to have fun, not to recreate some form of high dramatic art." - Dungeoneer

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Hmmmm..... :think: :pray: :twisted: :dance:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Benoist wrote:
So I won't.

So long, RPG Haven. For those who actually want to contact me, see the RPG Site or facebook.

I will not be back here.

:violin:

I would say good riddance, because you're an ugly person inside and out.

But drama-addicted pussies like you, who need to argue and be rude from the comfort of their computer chair to get off, always come back.

My mod voice is red

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2