View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Moderator Policy 

Post Re: Moderator Policy
Bill, are you dense?

Quote:
no one will call Droog swine so he might be more open to posting more freely. That is not a command or policy, it was an observation.

So. you have "Haven". Haven is to be a safe environment, friendly, excellent to each other first. Free speech not the ultimate yardstick.

Don´t you see it yourselves? Man, people these days.

Droog, explain it to him, I can´t stand it. We lost anyway, so this is pointless.

and now you see me RUN!

Thu May 14, 2009 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail

boulet wrote:
Sett's example was a pretty generic, almost non-controversial conversation. It could happen now on all the boards I know of without degenerating into a flamewar. So I can't see what it's supposed to illustrate.

Maybe I interpret the spirit of RPG Haven wrong but to me it would
be:
accept people with very different game preferences
avoid fruitless controversies
relaxed netiquette (you can curse, you can insult but don't harass)

am I far off ?

I feel somewhat reassured. Yes, you have my understanding of it. I feel somewhat reassured others may as well.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Mark wrote:
Settembrini wrote:
(. . .) and good bye.

Bye.

He'll be back....

Into olde school gaming? Check out the Citadel of Chaos.

Ken's Files of Various Gaming Utility

Thu May 14, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Settembrini wrote:
Bill, are you dense?

No, I am quite well educated and apparently, have a command of English in context, that escapes you.
Settembrini wrote:
Quote:
no one will call Droog swine so he might be more open to posting more freely. That is not a command or policy, it was an observation.

So. you have "Haven". Haven is to be a safe environment, friendly, excellent to each other first. Free speech not the ultimate yardstick.

Don´t you see it yourselves? Man, people these days.

Droog, explain it to him, I can´t stand it. We lost anyway, so this is pointless.

Your version of Fascist coated free speech? No. Freedom to exprerss your thoughts, preferences and experiences with RPGs? Yes.

Settembrini wrote:
and now you see me RUN!

Settembrini wrote:
GOOD LUCK FELLAS!

So leave then. However, as I have suspected, you are a blowhard.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Settembrini wrote:

I think Sett's big problem is that we didn't call it The RPG Free Speech Site.

I do try, Sett. But sometimes I really don't get you...

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Thu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Quote:

I'd like to address this:

I really don't mind if somebody calls me a swine online. I don't even mind if they say I rape grandmothers. Sticks and stones etc. You know, I'm 44 and I've got a life.

I've proved to my own satisfaction that there is no intellectual coherency whatsoever behind the Poobutt's rants. The Swine thing got progressively broadened out to the point of absurdity. People persisted in being interested in Forgey games. 'Free speech' went out the window with the first banning (Dominus Nox IIRC) and the kangaroo court caning of Mythusmage. Finally, he started, in desperation, pigeonholing games and moving threads. Hello? RPG.net?

I felt that the site had been getting progressively less interesting for ages, but there were still some posters I enjoyed chatting with. Oh, look, somebody opens a board and half those posters go there.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:34 pm
Profile E-mail

KenHR wrote:
Mark wrote:
Settembrini wrote:
(. . .) and good bye.

Bye.

He'll be back....

Not for me. Foe/Ignore list for him. Too few hours in the day to deal with that kind of drama.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

droog wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to address this:

I really don't mind if somebody calls me a swine online. I don't even mind if they say I rape grandmothers. Sticks and stones etc. You know, I'm 44 and I've got a life.

I've proved to my own satisfaction that there is no intellectual coherency whatsoever behind the Poobutt's rants. The Swine thing got progressively broadened out to the point of absurdity. People persisted in being interested in Forgey games. 'Free speech' went out the window with the first banning (Dominus Nox IIRC) and the kangaroo court caning of Mythusmage. Finally, he started, in desperation, pigeonholing games and moving threads. Hello? RPG.net?

I felt that the site had been getting progressively less interesting for ages, but there were still some posters I enjoyed chatting with. Oh, look, somebody opens a board and half those posters go there.

I did not mean to speak out of turn. In the way of an explanation, I meant that it is damn difficult to carry on a conversation about a game, system, game experience when the body of the games you enjoy are not accepted or worse yet attacked thusly derailing the thread. For instance, someone starts a thread about your fav system for fantasy and you pipe up with "HeroQuest!" to a chorus of "Swine". Suddenly the thread is turned to crap. I would imagine it would be difficult to express long thought out responses in that environment.

However, that was my logic and I am sorry if I presented it as your position or experience.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I suspect Sett is not actually playing anymore or else he'd have a lot of other stuff to talk about. That's right, I pulled a Kyle Aaron on him.

I can go along with Boulet's understanding. Works for me. I don't mind savage attacks on gamestyles and down and dirty pitfighting either (though I am trying to avoid that route myself as I get older). It's the ganging up and the groupthink where I'll start to get ornery.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I figured it out. Settembrini is Rorschach.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next