View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC) 

Post Re: RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC)
Chester's grin softens, nearly imperceptibly. "Clyde?" He looks up at Fleaugh, seeking an answer to the unspoken question, What the huh?

"Clyde?" he repeats, and waits.

"Clyde...? Cly-yyyyyyyyyde... Clyde. CLYDE. CLYDE, ARE YOU EVEN THERE?!"

He hands the phone back to Fleaugh. "I was not able to speak to Clyde." One of his meatwads reaches into his jacket and pulls out --

-- a datasheet. A translucent plastic LCD sheet with a thin shiny-brown frame all around it. He hands it to Chester, and Chester touches the frame just so. A logo appears in the corner of the sheet, along with words, words, words...including four specific ones in 20-point Times New Roman:

NOTICE OF FRANCHISE TERMINATION

Chester puts the sheet on the table and stands. His meatwads follow suit.

"Three days," says Chester. Now, there is no grin.

The suit and his mooks stride out, with the confidence of men who just dropped napalm on an anthill.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC)
[Knew I should have replied last time I was here - got caught up and wasn't able to get back here to post. Although I suspect the attempted con would have been caught out anyway, given Bob's lack of skills in this area]

"Hello, Clyde! This is Chester. How's the wife?"

"Can't really talk now Chester," says Bob into the phone, scrunching the crisp bag next to the mouthpeice to disguise his bad Clyde impersonation. "Can't Fleaugh and Bob handle this?"

"Clyde?"

"I'm here Chester," says Bob, with more scrunching of the crisps. "You're breaking up."

"Clyde...? Cly-yyyyyyyyyde... Clyde. CLYDE. CLYDE, ARE YOU EVEN THERE?!"

"Chester, talk to Fleaugh. The line's too bad." Bob's phone beeped. He lifted it away from his ear to have a look.

*Background noise too loud - call unable to proceed. Terminating connection.*

"Son of a..." muttered Bob. He knew paying 5 credits for a phone from a strange guy on a corner had been a bad idea. But the case had caught his eye - the chopping knife motif on the outside appealed to him. With disgust he flipped the phone closed and headed back in to see what the result was, just in time to see Chester and co leaving.

(I assume Fleaugh has had a chance to get the "what? why?" part out of the way in the time it takes for him to get back in)

Bob waves over at the seemingly-distracted Fleaugh. "Sorry, cheap piece of crap for a phone cut me off. What did they want?"

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7