View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC) 

Post Re: RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC)
Bozz stares dumbly at the aftermath of the zombie assault. "Huh," he mumbles, "better get that latch fixed."

"I'll have you know," blurts out the missionary in holo-flames, "That this is the WORST SERVICE I have EVER had at a truck-stop." He motions to his lackeys, and they all stand up. Now, he indicates the lumpy goo all over himself and the others. "Who's going to clean up this mess?"

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 am
Profile E-mail

"I am, darling," says Fleaugh. "But not before I have a cigarette."

She lets the mop end plump to the ground and leans back against the counter with a sigh. Reaching into the front pocket of her stained apron, she pulls out a pack of her favorite brand of sweet tobacco

and fires one up.

She takes a long drag, lets out a cloud of smoke towards the missionaries. "Just make yourselves comfortable, boys," she says in her throatiest voice. "I'll get you a refill of nice hot coffee and you'll feel much better."

[Rolls Waitress Extraordinaire (3) to keep them in their sites and semi-mollified: 6 + 2 + 1 = 9]

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW

The missionaries eye the blazing red tip of the cig like it was something they either want to run from...or hump. They sit back down.

"Wellp!" says Bozz, "I guess I better get to scootin'. I'd love to stand around ruminatin' on what-cha-got all daycycle long, but, uh..." He ambles over and starts gathering up zombie carcasses. "These shamblers ain't gonna deliver 'emselves." He glares a moment at the missionaries, but this, too, passes. He gets his dead and departs.

Meantime, Fleaugh gets the fire-worshippers some coffee and commences cleanup procedures.

[What are Bob and Rusty up to?]

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Collecting his various knives around the diner (they were going to need a good dunk in the sanitising solution, followed by a few hours of sharpening), Bob heads back into the kitchen.

"Waiting on those orders," comes his gruff voice from the kitchen a few moments later.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:26 am
Profile E-mail WWW

[The missionaries placed their order several posts back, by the way. Fleaugh would remember that.]

Things get back to normal after that. Coffee brews, the weird dude who stares at the magazines comes back, and the hot dog keeps rolling up and down on the Dog-O-Matic, blissfully unaware of...anything, really. In short, stability is re-instated.

Stability, as scientists have by now proven time and again using beakers and chartsand expensive but easy-to-read slideshows and audiovisual presentations, is so terribly fleeting and rare as to have become one of the rarest states of existence in the universe. One such presentation, made ubiquitous by Dr Palatia Von Breadflue of the University of Transylbonia's Department of Quantum Physics and Bitchin' PowerPoint Shows, famously depicts the concept of stability as a precious Ming vasesitting on an occasional table, and The Universe as a pair of rowdy boys in striped shirts playing football in the house.

The door goes whuuuh-SKRAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEKP and in waddles a little man in a three-piece suit. He is small and unassuming and wears wire-rimmed spectacles, and his encroaching baldness is all too obvious despite a valiant, if lacking, comb-over. The two mountains of Barkolian muscle which flank him, however, look hale and hardy and prepared to rip someone a new one of whichever orifice they keep covered.

None of the three of them seems to be holding a football, but the metaphorical fifty-yard pass is made all the same:

"Er, hello," says the little man, "I'm from Amalgamated Toast and Cobras. My name is Chester Colonoscopy. I wish to see Clyde, please."

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am
Profile E-mail

[D'OH! All this time I kept thinking Clyde was one of the other PCs. Were you guys thinking the same way, thus the reticence?]

Fleaugh steps forward and puts one hand on her hip. "Clyde's out right now. Can I help you, honey?"

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Mr Colonoscopy smiles the pleasant, relaxing smile of someone who is here to kill you and eat your candy. "Ah! Thank you. When can I expect Mister 6fernig to be in? Better yet," he brightens murderously, "can you please call him? I have important information and policy changes to advance to him."

...to advance to him. What the hell is it with corporations?! Isn't Galactongue good enough for them?

Anyway, Clyde hasn't been seen in 3 months or so. His office is locked, and he didn't leave a note. Place has just kinda been running itself...

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm
Profile E-mail

"Well, Mr. Colonscopy, the boss is away on business and he left the strictest orders that he not be disturbed, isn't that right, Bob?" says Fleaugh, seductively peeling off her rubber gloves. "Any business you have with the Circle-Σ, you can present to Bob and myself. We'll be sure to pass it along."

She walks up to one of the guards and strokes two fingers along the edges of his lapel. "Well if I didn't know any better, I'd say this was real Virulian plastic. Now you boys look like you must have quite an appetite. Why don't you all take a seat—mind the mess on the floor now—and we'll discuss these policy changes over a hot cup of coffee and Bob's special of the day."

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[5c says our boss is dead in his office, or has scarpered off never to be seen again and we have to pretend that he's still around for as long as we want our jobs... "oh you *just* missed him, but he said if you dropped in to give you this note that he wrote himself, honest" :) ]

Bob appears at the kitchen window. "Yeah, Clyde's away at the moment, but we can pass on your information to him. 3 specials coming up." He ducks back into the kitchen, furious chopping resuming.

Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[Rusty sizes up the two bigger guys. "D.O.O.D., I don't like the look of these guys. What can you tell me about the group "Amalgamated Toast and Cobras"? Also, who is this "Chester Colonoscopy" joker"]

Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next