View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC) 

Post Re: RISUS: Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle-Σ (IC)
Mr Colonoscopy's ability to smile with feral subtlety is unhindered. "Certainly he has not left the galaxy," he says. "He left a contact number, didn't he?"

One of the assistants beside him starts towards Clyde's office.

Fri May 15, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Fleaugh moves subtly to block him. "Now just a moment there, big boy. We'll gladly get a message to him. There's no call to be getting pushy. Why don't you sit down and have some of Bob's delicious hash browns?"

Sat May 16, 2009 12:53 am
Profile E-mail WWW

The meatw- uh, assistant stops, and Mr Colonoscopy sighs --good-naturedly, it seems, until he speaks:

"Please call Mister 6fernig and tell him that I'm here to discuss the terms of his franchisee contract."

The silence hangs, drying, like socks on a clothesline.

Colonoscopy sits down, as do his assistants, and he says, "I do so like hash browns..."

Sat May 16, 2009 9:22 am
Profile E-mail

"Oh and we'll fix you right up, honey," says Fleaugh, rushing over with placemats and cutlery. "Bob will get the grill going—won't you Bob!—and we'll have some delicious hash browns out to you in a jiffy. Now while we're waiting, let me see if I can't get Clyde on the line."

Fleaugh goes to the house phone, slides her pinky naily through the credit slot and then calls Bob through his personal number, hoping he has his communicator in his apron pocket as he usually does.

Sat May 16, 2009 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Bob scowls at his apron as his phone starts ringing (mainly because someone has obviously once again played a joke a messed with his ringtone - the opening theme to "My Little Pony" is happily playing from his pocket).

"What?" he gruffly demands the caller as he whips the phone out, a loud sizzle heard in the background as various ingredients are thrown on the hot plate.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

"Clyde, honey, it's me Fleaugh—I know, I know, but it seemed important. There's a man here—" She turns to Mr. C. "What did you say your name was again? Mr. Coe-loe-naw-scoe-pee. Did I get that right? Yes, anyhow honey, he says he needs to discuss the franchise contract with you. Speak up! I can barely hear you! Yes I know you don't know when you'll be back. Can you authorize me and Bob to speak for you? We can handle these silly little negotiations, you know that. Remember that whole insurance kerfluffle?"

Fleaugh waits a bit, pretending to listen

[though if Bob offers any better ideas and shares them with her now, she may change the following action.]

and then turns to Mr. Colonoscopy and says, holding the phone to him, "Clyde authorizes myself and the cook to speak on his behalf concerning any franchisee contract issues. He's really not in a position right now to handle it himself. Would you like to speak to him directly. He can only talk for a minute or two and the line is flaring something awful."

Sun May 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[I don't have an alternative to Fleaugh's actions, even if Bob has zero acting skills :), so I'll just go with it.]

Realising what Fleaugh is up to, Bob quietly does the unthinkable - he abandons the hot plate (although making sure there isn't anything on there that will burn in the next minute or so), and heads out the back in case he needs to try and do a Clyde act out of earshot of the "visitors". On the way out he grabs a packet of potato crisps to use for fake static.

Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Here is what D.O.O.D knows about Amalgamated Toast And Cobras:

Quote:
AMALGAMATED TOAST & COBRAS, S. A. de C. V.
Founded in Stellar Year 2940, resulting of the merger of TransStellar Omnifac and Terran Gautami-Intertech-Haynes -- themselves subsidiaries of ChairStardHampHamsterCom and Intuvios (a division of Varied Industries & Services). Formerly a shared division of OmniServProdCorp and Doc Johnson's. The title "Amalgamated Toast & Cobras" was taken by the corporation because everything else was unavailable. Considered the ultimate expression of the corporation as an entity -- a circular, self-propagating and self-consuming clusterfuck of right hands, left hands, and no one reading each other's goddamn memos, a practice which AT&C officers have embraced as an art.

CHESTER COLONOSCOPY
Hell if I know, but I'd watch his hands if he gets too close.

Bob gets outside, with a baggie of Uncle Zombie's Clam-Clam Crisps in hand. They're Peanut Butter & Rye flavored. His cell phone gets five bars out here!

Fri May 29, 2009 1:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Still holding the phone out to Mr. Colonoscopy, Fleaugh says, "Well? Are you going to talk to him after all this or what?"

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Chester takes the phone, grinning the grin of a Great White. "Hello, Clyde!" he says to Bob. "This is Chester. How's the wife?"

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next