View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
DAHQ: Introductions 

Post Re: DAHQ: Introductions
As Aeddan approaches, he can see that the old man appears to be almost blind. At times he has to be guided or supported by the young man.

The young man looks up and sees Aeddan. Instantly his hand goes to his sword, and he quickly scans the surrounding area. He says something to the old man and the two of them stop.

"Halt! Who are you that tramps alone towards the Saxon?"

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Aeddan looks around in confusion, as if he expects Saxons to emerge from the reeds.

"Saxons? Here?" He blurts out in a cracked voice, tinged with fear. He throws his hands up as if in surrender to the two men. He continues in the same broken tones, "Are you Saxons?"

Aeddan's eyes scour the two men in an attempt to gauge age, power, weaponry. Is the young one as powerful as appears? Can he back up that quick hand to the sword? Aeddan plants his feat in a defensive position, hiding it behind a seemingly weak back.

"Who are you, young man?

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 am
Profile E-mail

The young man advances, drawing his sword and still looking warily around. He points it towards Aeddan from a distance of about six feet. He has dark hair and an arrogant sneer.

"On your knees!"

The old man stands still, peering uncertainly about him. "Who is it, Medrodus?" he says. "What bars our passage?"

"A dog," says Medrodus. "Perhaps his pack is somewhere near."

The old man straightens, and Aeddan can see that he carries himself with an air of great authority.

"Who are you?" he says in a voice used to command. "In the name of Rome, identify yourself."

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail

"Ahh, Rome," cackles Aeddan, feigning a bit of madness. "Does she even have the authority here? Does she even care? Her temper," he sneers and tips his head toward the younger man, "is as quick and mindless as ever, I see."

Aeddan pauses for a moment to watch for a reaction from the elder. And then continues, "Call me Viscus Fidelis, sir." With that, Aeddan, unsure if the man can even see him, bends a knee and provides a sort of half bow - never taking his peripheral vision from the sword a few feet away.

"And now I believe an answer regarding my question remains. To whom am I speaking? And what brings you to this lonely road?"

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail

The young man's face contorts with rage, and he steps forward, driving with his sword at Aeddan's neck.

Now it's on! Medrodus is using his Sword ability of 5M, and he wants to hurt you bad for disrespecting him.

I rolled a 4 (!)

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Would you like a multiple-choice format, JIm?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:42 am
Profile E-mail

Hoping to distract his attacker, Aeddan calls out as the blade approaches, "Are you so easily duped into a mindless rage, young Rome," and watches for any perceptible shift in this young warriors approach.

Sure of his footing on these paths so well known to him, Aeddan attempts to dance away from the blade and tries only to evade or defend. For reasons he's not quite sure of yet, he does not want to simply call his men in and be done with the affair - there's more to learn here.

All the while, he keeps an eye on the old man...

First, keeping Sword and Shield at 17 seems a bit silly. So I'd like ot at least get that to 3M (which is 23, right?).
Second, I tried to bring in Dancing (17), Know Local Area (17) and maybe Wilderness Survival (17), Evaluate Victim (17), and perhaps Cunning (17). Is that how it works? In each case, I'd get a +1 I think. This would make it...what...8M?

And I rolled a 6!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:05 pm
Profile E-mail

+2 for each one, actually (round up). But Wilderness Survival might be pushing it...let's say you get a +8, bringing you to 11M.

Your masteries cancel out, so you both roll successes. Success vs success is a marginal victory for the low roll. Which would be Medrodus....

******************************************************************************************************************

Aeddan's foot stumbles on a loose cobblestone, and the sword slashes through his tunic, nicking the flesh of his chest. The young man's lips peel back in a vindictive smile as he presses forward, on the advantage.

"Wait, Medrodus!" says the old man. "Do not kill him!" He can hardly see the fighters, but he hears the clash of weapons.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 am
Profile E-mail

So, that contest of arms results in defeat for Aeddan, and you may have a penalty in further dealings with Medrodus. But clearly Aeddan is in command of the overall situation, as his men are close by. So what will you do now?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 am
Profile E-mail

Aeddan feels the sting of the blade as it nicks his flesh - a feeling not all that unfamiliar to him. But he continues to move away from Young Rome, drawing the young warrior away. Aeddan is betting on youthful fury blinding his opponent to the fact that Aeddan is putting himself between the two strangers.

Then Aeddan signals his men to come forward with a quick yelp. "Surround the old man, but do not touch him!' He yells to his pack.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:36 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next