View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
Dark Ages HeroQuest 

Post Re: Dark Ages HeroQuest
droog wrote:
By the way, Ian, I'm not ignoring you. I just figure you know what you're doing and don't need much help.
Nah, that's okay. I'm just embroiled in a bit of chaos at the moment and my attentions are scattered. I'm still re-formulating my character concept/

!i!

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail

So for me it's tabula rasa, I'm rewriting my character after giving a deeper look at the wiki and realizing a few stuff (like Picts aren't closely related to Celts in Droog's interpretation of the scarce material).

I'll use the list method this time though I like to add fluff. Here's Erwan :

Culture: Pictish
Religion: Tree of Life

Abilities: Presence, Poetry, Celtic languages, Boating, Well travelled, Womanizer, Good memory, Brawl, Worship the tree of life, Scout
Relationship: I'm faithful only to my king
Goals: Build friendship between Gaels and Picts, Hinder the spread of Christianity
Virtues: Wanderlust, Chauvinism (original meaning)

I picture my character as a traveling poet who tries to represent the Picts to their Celt neighbors and brings news of the world to his lord and family. He follows a yearly cycle in his endeavors : traveling by boat when the weather permits, hiking when winter strikes and getting back home for the harvest rites. He's unofficially detached by his king to report relevant strategic news (armies movement, noble weddings, gossips from the continent...) His family is looking for horses of strong build to fortify their stables and he tries to help with that too.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:41 am

Droogmeister,

Do you have room for one more?

I have zero HQ experience, but I am intrigued and this could be a good learning experience.

"The Dude abides."

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm pretty sure I can handle another person. Welcome aboard. Got any ideas for a chr?

PS boulet, your chr is fine and I'm just working on a longish post to demonstrate how to finish him off.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

droog wrote:
PS boulet, your chr is fine and I'm just working on a longish post to demonstrate how to finish him off.

Wow. I didn't expect this kind of killer GM from you, Droog. I mean come on, he hasn't even gotten to play him yet!

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Okay, with Boulet's re-imaging of his character, I think I'm back on board with my Byzantine merchant. I get dibsies on the "Diplomacy" attribute. I'll write him up soon.

!i!

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm paying attention. Is there any more info anybody wants? Maps or something? I don't want to do too much of a dump right away.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:07 am
Profile E-mail

droog wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can handle another person. Welcome aboard. Got any ideas for a chr?

I am percolating something up in my dome.

Ansgar mac Bevan is a Dál Fiatach warrior of the Red Branch of Ulster. I'm looking at an age of around 23-years-old right now. I'm not entirely sure why he's in Britianna yet. He may be on a self imposed exile, or he may have been taken as a slave and finds himself as a free man there.

Where is the game going to start geographically? Is it going to start in the in year 463 AD?

"The Dude abides."

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:20 am

463 is as good as any year, I suppose. I'm waiting to see how the chrs come in before deciding on how and where to start.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:35 am
Profile E-mail

Here is my stab at the 100-word version. Be gentle. ;)

Code:
Ansgar mac Bevan is a Dál Fiatach warrior from the kingdom of Ulaidh, the Red Branch of Ulster.  He is skilled in the arts of combat, war, riding, and charioteering.  He is also skilled in the game of Fidchell, and the arts of the warrior-aristocracy.  His young wife was raped by a powerful warrior while he was on fianna, and she killed herself in shame.  Ansgar killed the man upon his return, but his family’s influence on the brithem was great and the blood price was beyond his family’s means.  He fled home hoping to return and pay his debt one day.

"The Dude abides."

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next