View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Post skype
How do you set up a Skype account without downloading Skype to your computer? I already have Skype downloaded on my computer with my own account. And my friend has an Android powered phone with Skype on it but we tried to make an account on their phone but the connection was too slow. And their home computer is broken. So, is there any way I can just create a new Skype account on the computer and just sign them on on their phone without downloading Skype again?

Last edited by zengeema on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: skype
zengeema wrote:
How do you set up a Skype account without downloading Skype to your computer? I already have Skype downloaded on my computer with my own account. And my friend has an Android powered phone with Skype on it but we tried to make an account on their phone but the connection was too slow. And their home computer is broken. So, is there any way I can just create a new Skype account on the computer and just sign them on on their phone without downloading Skype again?

You can go to the skype webpage and just choose Join Skype and enter the information for the account and when it comes time to download, you just skip that part.

Hope that helps

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:06 am
Profile E-mail

I know some people who game via skype but I never have. You'll have to let us know how your game works out!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 am
Profile E-mail WWW

SeriousPaul wrote:
I know some people who game via skype but I never have. You'll have to let us know how your game works out!

My Group games by Skype and Ventrillo (I prefer vent) and it works really well.

Vent tends to have better sound quality. But that's just my opinion

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am
Profile E-mail

I'm lucky. My group is all in the immediate area. So we get to play at the table!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

SeriousPaul wrote:
I'm lucky. My group is all in the immediate area. So we get to play at the table!

You are very lucky. I had a local group for two years before it broke up. I find my online group more reliable then my local group

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 am
Profile E-mail

I've never used Skype to game either although some of us have discussed trying it out. The old main group I was with for years is scattered about now, some have even moved to different states. So we've really thought about it, also thought of trying the Hangout set up on Google +. Not sure how well I can deal with gaming without having the folks in front of me though.

Currently writing: the 'Be a Better Player' article series on my blog.
Currently running: Red Box D&D at an irregular basis.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW

TheRPGInformer wrote:
SeriousPaul wrote:

You are very lucky. I had a local group for two years before it broke up. I find my online group more reliable then my local group

Yeah I'm pretty happy. Most of us have played together for 20 plus years. Almost all of that in the same game too!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]