View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Police Preocedural RPGs 

Post Re: Police Preocedural RPGs
peteramthor wrote:
I used to run a lot of COPS games. I think more people enjoyed playing that than just about anything else I ran (except Little Fears). I always had a few notecards with quick 'encounters' to fill some of the time with along with more detailed planned out events that took place over several games and had to be uncovered through investigation. A few others I would do is make the players use the 10 codes when calling over the radio, made players who were partners in the same car sit next to each other while playing, gave them a copy of the miranda rights to read when they arrested somebody. Every game started off in the muster room (like in Hill Street Blues) getting a briefing on what's been happening in the city and fed other such information.

After reading this thread I really want to run another COPS game now.

Thank you. This is the kind of thing I am looking for.

I wasn't sure if it would be run like Hill Street blues like you mention, where there are just partners or like Law and Order, where some of the players were cops and some were DA's.

That was the kind f information I was looking for

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I used to run a lot of COPs games. My system of choice back when I was running these was Top Secret SI. It worked great for police action/dramas.

But my friend that enjoyed this the most ended up becoming a police officer in real life. That pretty much ended the COPs games, simply because he saw enough of the senseless human depravity in his job that he didn't want to spend hobby time dealing with it. Perfectly understandable.

I'd probably run COPs sagas along the lines of NYPD Blue or Law & Order SVU. The PCs would be a specialized group of detectives tackling the most dangerous criminals. It might be in a modern city or in a futuristic sci-fi type of setting. It might even be cool to be Coruscant Security Officers in the Star Wars galaxy. Heck, my friend that's a cop might even go for that one. :D

Mon May 14, 2012 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail

RedBlok wrote:
I used to run a lot of COPs games. My system of choice back when I was running these was Top Secret SI. It worked great for police action/dramas.

But my friend that enjoyed this the most ended up becoming a police officer in real life. That pretty much ended the COPs games, simply because he saw enough of the senseless human depravity in his job that he didn't want to spend hobby time dealing with it. Perfectly understandable.

I'd probably run COPs sagas along the lines of NYPD Blue or Law & Order SVU. The PCs would be a specialized group of detectives tackling the most dangerous criminals. It might be in a modern city or in a futuristic sci-fi type of setting. It might even be cool to be Coruscant Security Officers in the Star Wars galaxy. Heck, my friend that's a cop might even go for that one. :D

I would love to run a COPs game myself, but I imagine it would be difficult to find the right people to play it. Hell, I am running a modern day mob game and it took awhile to find people who would be interested in playing

Fri May 18, 2012 6:37 am
Profile E-mail

TheRPGInformer wrote:
I'd probably run COPs sagas along the lines of NYPD Blue or Law & Order SVU. The PCs would be a specialized group of detectives tackling the most dangerous criminals. It might be in a modern city or in a futuristic sci-fi type of setting. It might even be cool to be Coruscant Security Officers in the Star Wars galaxy.

Sort of like a darker, maybe even pulpier MIB? I'd defo play the Star Wars one :D.

TheRPGInformer wrote:
I am running a modern day mob game and it took a while to find people who would be interested in playing

Really? Why do you think that was? I've been following it on your blog and would have jumped at the chance to play it. But then I'm into all things gangster/noir/'tec etc. I'd love someone to come up with a CSI game, which tbh I'd prefer to the SVU one. But I suspect this is mainly so I can don a set of cool shades at the end of the game and talk to suspects from the side a la H Cane ;)

Fri May 18, 2012 8:49 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3