View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Teenagers From Outer Space 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Teenagers From Outer Space
I posted on my blog about this, but I recently saw someone post about Teenagers from Outer Space and it brought back good memories of when I ran the game.

It was hard to get people to play sometimes, because it appealed to specific people but it was a great game.

Any other fans out there?


Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
I've never heard of it. Any kind of linkage for the time strapped?

_________________
Get Ready to Ignite


Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 182
Location: MO USA
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
Wasn't that a R. Talsorian game? It's been a long time since I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

_________________
http://trulyrural.blogspot.com/ My new gaming blog.

Currently writing: the 'Be a Better Player' article series on my blog.
Currently running: Red Box D&D at an irregular basis.


Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm
Posts: 218
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
If you like TFOS you might want to try to find one called "Orbit" by psychobilly games. it's similar in some ways, with the teens of a 'federation' style society being forced to take a 4 year 'wanderschen' outside civilized space for various reasons.

One politician said it was so the kids had a chance to spend some time "gettin' screwed, blewed and tattooed!" before settling down to the stultifying, boring life of a citizen of the society.

Another reason was that it supposedly weeded out the unfit, and encouraged the ones who would not fit into the regimented, stratified, strictly controlled life of a citizen to remain in the wildlands outside.

Here's a review. Might want to hold your nose before reading it, it's on the purple banhammer and sickle site: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?202 ... -%284-5%29

I don't know if it's available. Damned if I can find it, but rpgnow.com has supplements for it...

_________________
Greetings. My name is Death. Death the avenger, purger of sins. Death the merciful, purifier of souls. Those who laughed and mocked me, be afraid. I have come to judge you.


Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 am
Profile E-mail

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
Judge Death wrote:
If you like TFOS you might want to try to find one called "Orbit" by psychobilly games. it's similar in some ways, with the teens of a 'federation' style society being forced to take a 4 year 'wanderschen' outside civilized space for various reasons.

One politician said it was so the kids had a chance to spend some time "gettin' screwed, blewed and tattooed!" before settling down to the stultifying, boring life of a citizen of the society.

Another reason was that it supposedly weeded out the unfit, and encouraged the ones who would not fit into the regimented, stratified, strictly controlled life of a citizen to remain in the wildlands outside.

Here's a review. Might want to hold your nose before reading it, it's on the purple banhammer and sickle site: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?202 ... -%284-5%29

I don't know if it's available. Damned if I can find it, but rpgnow.com has supplements for it...
Ah, I remember now, you mentioned this a while back as a game similiar to SFBK. I looked it up on Wikipedia at the time, it looks fun.

_________________
Currently promoting Sci-Fi Beta Kappa (published November 2013) and working on several other games: visit the indyhippo design lab for details.


Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 925
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
If you like TFOS (yes, it was an R. Talsorian Game), then you are part of the anime babbies destroying the hobby and as a result you are responsible for every evil thing that has ever been done and you are the worst person in the world.

Or you are a normal person, because TFOS was hilarious and fun.


Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 182
Location: MO USA
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
JDCorley wrote:
If you like TFOS (yes, it was an R. Talsorian Game), then you are part of the anime babbies destroying the hobby and as a result you are responsible for every evil thing that has ever been done and you are the worst person in the world.

Or you are a normal person, because TFOS was hilarious and fun.


I tend to be very selective about my anime and not a lot of it catches my interest. Silent Mobius, Demon City Shinjuku, Ghost in the Shell, Naussica, stuff like that is what I watch. Although from time to time some of the comedy stuff catches my eye but not much.

Still may have to check it out. They do have it up on drivethrurpg also.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/25121/Teenagers-from-Outerspace?it=1

May look up some more info on that before buying though. Is it the R.Tal system they used for most of their games or something stand alone?

_________________
http://trulyrural.blogspot.com/ My new gaming blog.

Currently writing: the 'Be a Better Player' article series on my blog.
Currently running: Red Box D&D at an irregular basis.


Tue May 01, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm
Posts: 218
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
The anime I thought that TFOS resembled a lot was "Project A-Ko."

_________________
Greetings. My name is Death. Death the avenger, purger of sins. Death the merciful, purifier of souls. Those who laughed and mocked me, be afraid. I have come to judge you.


Wed May 02, 2012 5:50 am
Profile E-mail

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
Didn't realise it was anime-inspired until I looked it up. Interesting that there a lot of games around nowdays that have connections to anime/manga, e.g. Maid and GXB.

_________________
Currently promoting Sci-Fi Beta Kappa (published November 2013) and working on several other games: visit the indyhippo design lab for details.


Wed May 02, 2012 7:31 am
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Re: Teenagers From Outer Space
SeriousPaul wrote:
I've never heard of it. Any kind of linkage for the time strapped?


Here you go:

http://www.talsorian.com//talsorian/NEW ... rPage.html


Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.