View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Online Group: E.o.N 

Post Online Group: E.o.N
Empire of Night is a game I've been working on, and now thanks to my online group which includes Clash, Christopher, and Benoist, I will get to run it and work on its ideas again.

It started with a simple conceit: I want the fighting and killing of bad guys to not be people. I'm alright with superhero games, I'm alright with some fights being violent and deadly against fictional humans, but I really wanted to create a game, where the main foes of the heroes are not people, and cannot truly be sympathized with, while at the same time leaving no guilt for the player characters or their players. (I've had more than a few villains in superhero games who were sympathetic, even changing sides with heroes influence, but I wanted something unusual here.)

The game evolved from that to be a game of dark space opera. Melding horror elements with space opera ones. We'll see how it goes.

Here is the intro:

Empire of Night (E.o.N)

The Eschaton Stigmata, the devil's maw, the Hellbleed.

It's name doesn't matter. Only what it was, only what it did.

It is the door to hell. Too few would admit it, at least until it was almost to late.

It was a place of pure evil that tore raw and open into the very fabric of space. From within it a black wind blew forth, a night call that echoed through the worlds of man.The dead rose up to devour, and the demons called our names, and feasted on our children.

The black mausoleum ships sailed forth from 'bleed to siege the unsanctified and unrighteous before claiming them for the Empire. Those terrors, those demons we'd long thought myth had returned, and we were outnumbered, and out gunned.

Welcome to the Empire of Night,

As an idea of the darkness inherent in the game, its a game my wife refused to play--she says she can't pin down exactly why, but it has a tough of something which bothers her. She says this and will gladly play Call of Cthulhu without an eye blink.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]