View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Kickstarter for ten 

Post Kickstarter for ten
Ok, so my new game is set in a frat house in a college in New England, specifically Connecticut. I was musing the other day how cool it would be to run some games of it around the likely publication date of December this year. I checked on the Internet and found that not only is there a con taking place then, from Dec 7-9th, but it's actually in Connecticut, Stamford to be exact. How cool is that?! Ah, but hang on, can I afford to go? Cheapest flight currently £586, cheapest hotel £165 (which is pretty cheap, but still) plus incidental expenses, like beer and, uh, beer. Maybe also some beer. So that's a no then. Unless... How would folks feel about a Kickstarter campaign to fund this trip, with a target of say £1'000 ($1'500). Would folks go for that? And, if so, what rewards would you expect (apart from a copy of the book, I'm assuming that to be a given)?

I guess this would only work for folks who are actually going to AnonyCon.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Kickstarter for ten
Couple of points to add to my earlier post. First, as I'm not a US citizen I can't use Kickstarter, so it would have to be something like Rocket Hub or Indiegogo. Secondly, some of you may have thought I was joking. I'm not!! I genuinely think attendance at a US con, preferably one in New England- given the game setting- would be one of the best ways of marketing it, and I think crowd-funding would be a good way of achieving this. But I'm still not sure, as I said in my OP, what kind of rewards I could offer. Merch maybe? You know, t-shirts, mouse-mats, mugs etc. All suggestions gratefully received :).

Last edited by catty_big on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Can you tell me a bit more about your game? Sounds kind of interesting

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:46 am
Profile E-mail

Hi. Thanks for your interest.
TheRPGInformer wrote:
Can you tell me a bit more about your game? Sounds kind of interesting

Will do! But so as not to clog up the forum with self-promotion I'll PM you some more info. Then, if you want to take it further you can.

Btw your mafia campaign sounds great fun. Wish I was part of your home group and could join in. I actually wanted to ask you how it worked being run off SW; when I can get round to it I'll post that query in the 'Savage Worlds observations' thread.

Cheers
Leo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail

catty_big wrote:
Will do! But so as not to clog up the forum with self-promotion I'll PM you some more info. Then, if you want to take it further you can.

Cool. I look forward to the information

catty_big wrote:
Btw your mafia campaign sounds great fun. Wish I was part of your home group and could join in. I actually wanted to ask you how it worked being run off SW; when I can get round to it I'll post that query in the 'Savage Worlds observations' thread.

Cheers
Leo

It is a lot of fun and it works pretty good using Savage Worlds. I am sure there would be a system that maybe could do it a bit better, but SW works pretty well

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 am
Profile E-mail

Hey Catty, when are you going to get around to sending me that information?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:26 am
Profile E-mail

TheRPGInformer wrote:
Hey Catty, when are you going to get around to sending me that information?

Yes, sorry, I'm currently trying to juggle doing my tax return and doing fun stuff like working on SFBK. I'd also been working on a set of design notes, as suggested on a thread on TheRPGSite recently by Blooody Stupid Johnson, but that's proving quite time-consuming and probably won't be of much practical use to you so I think I'll just talk about the game itself. Expect a PM from me in the next hour :D.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Understood. Life is time consuming. Whenever you get around to it

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Have PMd you :D. Warning: it's quite long.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm
Profile E-mail

catty_big wrote:
Have PMd you :D. Warning: it's quite long.

Ok I will check it out- thanks

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]