View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Acquiring Game Science Dice 

Post Acquiring Game Science Dice
For the last few months I've been wanting to get my hands on more Game Science dice--particularly some Zocchi dice for my recently acquired copy of DCC RPG. I hadn't purchased dice in a few years, and I've been surprised to learn that it now seems impossible to get ahold of any game science products.

They're still operating, but none of the half dozens stores I've visited carry any game science products, and even their online store now redirects to another online store which seems to be out of stock on everything.

Anybody know of a good place to actually buy the damned things? And, while we're at it, anybody have any advice for painting them?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Acquiring Game Science Dice
I got some from FRPGames.com online.

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_list&mfg=GMS

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail

It seems like these guys have a lot more in stock than anywhere else I've checked, thanks!

Though they're still out of stock of about half their Game Science products. I'm not normally one to question someone else's business strategy, but I do wonder how a company can make any money if their products are never available to be purchased.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

linkskywalker wrote:
For the last few months I've been wanting to get my hands on more Game Science dice--particularly some Zocchi dice for my recently acquired copy of DCC RPG. I hadn't purchased dice in a few years, and I've been surprised to learn that it now seems impossible to get ahold of any game science products.

They're still operating, but none of the half dozens stores I've visited carry any game science products, and even their online store now redirects to another online store which seems to be out of stock on everything.

Anybody know of a good place to actually buy the damned things? And, while we're at it, anybody have any advice for painting them?

First, I'm a bit spoiled...I go to their booth at GenCon....:)

Second, over on the Goodman Games forums, there's a thread about the dice for DCC and some good tips, IIRC, about inking the Game Science dice...wait...let me dig it up...here it is..

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail

I was at diecon last weekend (june 22 2012) and saw some hucksters with packs of GS dice for sale, so check conventions, or on line game stores.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 am
Profile E-mail

I'm going to be at Paizocon, but I don't know if GameScience will be making an appearance there.

Thanks for the link, though. That thread looks like it has a lot of helpful information!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Guy, it wasn't a gamescience table selling them, it was a regular huckster.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am
Profile E-mail

I see; I hadn't considered that! Maybe I'll have some luck, then.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW

You can get them directly from their website. That's how I got ahold of mine.

I have to say, out of all of my dice, I love my Game Science Dice. They just roll better and I get a more random result compared to cheaper dice.

Well worth the money in my opinion

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 am
Profile E-mail

You cannot get them directly from Game Science's site anymore. They stopped selling them that way.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next