View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
D&D: Need help finding an extra PC race... 

Post Re: D&D: Need help finding an extra PC race...
flyingmice wrote:
Consonant Dude wrote:
I've been thinking about trolls from Scandinavian myths, which came in several variety and how to put my own half-assed twist the way Tolkien used to do much more expertly than I can hope.

They would basically be big, wild creatures not too dissimilar from humans rejecting and rejected from major religions. I could see them being fighters and having their own clerical orders. They could tame larger beasts and have an affinity for frost, ice and storm magic.

I was thinking about trolls myself, but had rejected it as you had said you wanted a more black and white morality.

Apparently, there were all kinds of beings called trolls or related to them. At least, that's what Wikipedia says for what it's worth. I'm gonna go to the library this week, hunt down some books and see if I can more information and spin the concept to make a benevolent race and find a name for it :)

I'd rather leave the classic D&D troll and its abilities intact since I find it extremely iconic. From my early days, I've always thought it was one of the most colorful, fun challenge for lower levels.

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

My mod voice is red

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: D&D: Need help finding an extra PC race...
I remember using an old AD&D module (could have been D&D) and there was this cave with something like 20 trolls in it. :o

There was no way in hell the group was going to survive that one if they took on the trolls inside the cave. The group was around 4th or 5th level. :doh:

Good night, some of those modules were ruthless.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2