View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Disney/Universal/Orlando Advice 

Post Disney/Universal/Orlando Advice
So, in a strange twist of events, I've had another sibling offer to help with a trip to Orlando (for those who don't know, My brother called recently and at the last minute offered to pay for my flight to go see the shuttle launch with him - we were unable to find a flight but got lucky because they scrubbed the launch). This time it is not for the Space Shuttle - instead, my younger sister won a "trip" to Orlando. She won four trips, actually, this being one of them. However, she had just booked a trip and had the rooms and flights - so she offered her "trip" to me. so we get 4 days, 3 nights in a hotel outside Disney World (it appears it will be the Raddison) - as well as $100 towards each of up to 5 adult tickets to the park. She's using two of those, so I get one for me and one for the wife.

So I started seeing if there was a way to afford this and realized I have, at Capital One, 130,000 miles or so built up. So it turns out I can probably get three of the four plane tickets for nothing as well.

So here's the plan: We fly in to Orlando on a Monday evening. I pay for that night out of pocket. This gives us Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for park visits; those nights being pad for by the "trip". Friday we spend part of the day doing stuff, then drive down to the Ft. Lauderdale area where my Brother in Law lives. We'll stay with him until we fly back out of Ft. Lauderdale on the following Monday.

Big Question for all you Disney Professionals: What do we do for tickets? My assumption is two days because one will likely be at Universal. Do we just get two days with Park Hoppers for each of us?

My kids are 9 and 10 and not really into the more kiddie stuff at Disney. Maybe Epcot will be a visit because they both enjoy space related stuff? Hell, I don't even know what is down there figuring we'd probably never go. My wife is now telling me Universal has multiple parks!

So any advice would be great. We're booking the flights and hotel likely tonight, so that part is soon going to be done. That gives us a very short window to decide on tickets because on top of everything else...the trip is almost no warning. But I am NOT looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Disney/Universal/Orlando Advice
I don't have much advice to give, but I really like Universal. Even better than Disney, which I always enjoy. I find the Magic Kingdom itself to be the best part of the Disney Resort.

Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]