View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PS3/Xbox/Wii 

Post Re: PS3/Xbox/Wii
Jim Skach wrote:
Lucky for you he's into Black Ops now... :lol:

But, ya know, if you want to PM your ID, I'll give him permission to go on Xbox live and make him put up or shut up (I'm talking smack for him knowing he would do it anyway)...

I have NO idea when I'm going to get my Box repaired though. I'll send my ID to you anyway, just he can send me a friend request. :D

Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm

How much does it cost to get that fixed and can you do a repair yourself? It would have cost $150 (from what I've read online) to send my PS3 in to have the YLOD fixed, but I decided to get another one since our tax refund was big enough. :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Shaggy wrote:
How much does it cost to get that fixed and can you do a repair yourself? It would have cost $150 (from what I've read online) to send my PS3 in to have the YLOD fixed, but I decided to get another one since our tax refund was big enough. :lol:

I'm pretty much in the same situation in fact. It's just that there were other things to do, not having the box as a distraction meant more attention devoted to other hobbies, like RPG gaming online (talking play-by-posts, not WoW), and now we're going to move at the end of the school year so... I'll get it replaced at some point, for sure. When is anyone's guess, though.

Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Anybody here playing anything on the consoles lately?

I just got a new PS3 slim a few weeks after my fatty died from the YLOD. I traded in a bunch of games the other day and picked up Killzone 3 (I usually wait until the hype dies down before playing a game) to see if it was an improvement on KZ2. It's basically the same game with new maps. I don't mess around with the single player campaigns on games (usually). I head straight for multiplayer. We also picked up the Pirates Lego game. I played a little bit of that with the old lady, but she and my daughter play it more. I like shoot-em-up games more.

I got my boy and myself a PS3 on Christmas, and I've played quite a few over the last few months that I've really enjoyed:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Best comic book game ever)
Dragon Age: Origins (Which may be both my favorite RPG and favorite fantasy game now)
Heavy Rain (Emotionally draining but amazingly well done)
Red Dead Redemption (Best western game I've ever played, easily, and the Undead Nightmare expansion is similarly awesome)
inFAMOUS (which, in turn, ruined Prototype for me)
God of War I-III (Passed on the first two on PS2, got them as a bundle with the PS3...great stuff)

Currently working on Dragon Age: Awakenings and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow...(and Prototype, gradually).

Sat May 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

I think Dragon Age might be one of the next ones on my list. I've got some trade-in cash to burn through at Gamestop.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:38 am
Profile E-mail

Shaggy wrote:
I think Dragon Age might be one of the next ones on my list. I've got some trade-in cash to burn through at Gamestop.

Get the Ultimate Edition if you do...it has the original game, plus all the DLC (three add-ons to the main game, four mini-campaigns [a prequel, an alternate history and two sequels] and a whole other campaign expansion). I was able to score mine for little over $30...WELL worth it, in my opinion.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:19 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

I had the new Golden Eye for the Wii and it is a great game and a lot of fun. But I got stuck and got frustrated and quit playing it.

Now my WII is mostly used for streaming movies from netflix

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Guys shut up this is how i see it
Xbox fanboys hate PS3
PS3 fanboys hate Xbox
PS3 has blue ray which Xbox doesnt
Xbox has player cards or some shit which PS3 doesnt
Xbox and PS3 have the same grapics(doesnt matter what 5 year olds say)
Only thing thats different is the games i think

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:16 am
Profile E-mail

I've been playing Uncharted 3 recently. It's good fun.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2