View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Diablo III 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Michigan
Post Diablo III
Anyone else going to play this?

_________________
Get Ready to Ignite


Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 2855
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Post Re: Diablo III
I know I'm going to get hammered for saying this (and really, it proves just how out of the realm of computer/video games I've been, as I've said)...


But...what is Daiblo? FPS? RPG?

_________________
The rules are my slave, not my master. - Old Geezer

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon


Fri May 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Diablo III
Its one of the few video games I know about, and enjoy playing. More importantly my wife and kids enjoy playing it. It's an RPG style game, that has mechanics like Vice City. Its a lot of fun for us!

_________________
Get Ready to Ignite


Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Re: Diablo III
SeriousPaul wrote:
Anyone else going to play this?


I have heard good things about this game. I know that Blizzard was doing a deal where if you pay for a year of World of Warcraft you would get Diablo 3 for free.

I didn't do that though


Sun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Diablo III
I have zero interest in WoW, and I'm only interested in D3 because I played D2. I haven't done a lot of reading, but I won't play D3 if I have to pay a monthly fee. I am only interested in LAN games with wife, kids, and friends.

_________________
Get Ready to Ignite


Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Re: Diablo III
SeriousPaul wrote:
I have zero interest in WoW, and I'm only interested in D3 because I played D2. I haven't done a lot of reading, but I won't play D3 if I have to pay a monthly fee. I am only interested in LAN games with wife, kids, and friends.


I don't think there will be a fee and you don't have to get WOW. I was just pointing out about an offer they were running. I didn't get it because I really have no interest in WOW (or any MMORPG at this point due to lack of time).


Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 am
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 1:39 pm
Posts: 171
Post Re: Diablo III
I really liked the original Diablo. It was a ground breaking game.

Diablo II was alright. I never really got hooked on it like I had the first game.

I might check out Diablo III if I read some favorable reviews.

My video game purchases are few and far between these days. Heck, Old Republic was the first new PC game I had bought in nearly a year.


Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Diablo III
TheRPGInformer wrote:
SeriousPaul wrote:
I have zero interest in WoW, and I'm only interested in D3 because I played D2. I haven't done a lot of reading, but I won't play D3 if I have to pay a monthly fee. I am only interested in LAN games with wife, kids, and friends.


I don't think there will be a fee and you don't have to get WOW. I was just pointing out about an offer they were running. I didn't get it because I really have no interest in WOW (or any MMORPG at this point due to lack of time).


Sorry if my post seemed at all harsh, or pointed at you. I was stating my preferences not making you responsible for them! :) I kind of have the time every so often, but getting the interest is hard for me. My usual M.O. is to play a game for a few weeks, then just lose interest. For example I liked Prototype, but I just kind of stopped playing it at about the half way point. Diablo made me happy because my wife also took interest in playing the game.

WoW lost me because of the negative press my friends sold me on about it. I have a lot of single friends, or couples with out kids as friends. They all have horror stories about WoW. (Funny isn't it. Usually its the married people who complain online right?)

_________________
Get Ready to Ignite


Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Re: Diablo III
SeriousPaul wrote:
WoW lost me because of the negative press my friends sold me on about it. I have a lot of single friends, or couples with out kids as friends. They all have horror stories about WoW. (Funny isn't it. Usually its the married people who complain online right?)


Wow lost me because it was so repetitive and got boring quick. Even though they are doing some great deals to get people to come back, I just can't get myself to go back.

Right now I am not playing any MMORPGS. But then, the time I have these days is very limited


Mon May 14, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm
Posts: 299
Post Re: Diablo III
RedBlok wrote:
I really liked the original Diablo. It was a ground breaking game.

Diablo II was alright. I never really got hooked on it like I had the first game.

I might check out Diablo III if I read some favorable reviews.

My video game purchases are few and far between these days. Heck, Old Republic was the first new PC game I had bought in nearly a year.


I bought a bunch of games through Steam and I have stopped buying them and started playing what I have. There were so many good deals I went on buying sprees.

No more.


Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.