View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
S&W: Infidelus 

Post Re: S&W: Infidelus
Oh and I guesse I should have added a onelegged pirate cleric girl.....
Why does this seem so very anime at the moment?
Whitmore!!!!!!! :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 am
Profile E-mail

So are you going to finally stop toying with us and go for the TPK? :o

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:14 am
Profile E-mail

Simon keeps getting caught out in it...what did he lose last week, his leg below the knee? Oh..that's right, the drunk cleric saved him with an amazing result on his CLW spell check.

Hestien is quickly becoming the god of brewers and drunks...

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 am
Profile E-mail

Who are we to question the bounty that Hestien provides us? My beer's full of all naturally grown ingredients, man.

It's actually been somewhat busy out here in DC, but at the very least I will have my notes typed up and posted in sloppy outline format for you fine folks gaming without me next week.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Uhhh...that's this week, capital-boy.

And hey - my printer works! I got some toner and refilled the cartridge myself! I'm, like..all IT and stuff!

So I'm going to try to get a final set of the rules for our last session of this run.

I should tell you that on Gameday, I also went mini/monster shopping..... :shock:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile E-mail

yeah. that's what i said. no, don't go check the post above, just accept this for face value...yeah....

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail

yeah im waiting to see what I can lose this week, my character will eventualy just be a mouth that casts spells and pisses people off.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail

He's not already?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail

That would be a cool artifact, a mouth that casts spells that you can fit in your pocket.... :shock: uh ok maybe forget that idea.... :?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Quite a discussion about death last night. What brought this on? Ask Baxter. Oh...you'll have to wait until he comes out of his coma.

Now, the specifics of the various philosophies aren't important for this discussion, necessarily. Suffice it to say that we as a group have agreed to find a decent middle ground of a slightly diminished system lethality coupled with understanding that sooner or later the combination of bad choices and truly horrible rolls will catch up to a party and death will occur.

So I'm once again revisiting the injury/death table. Right now, there's a 2 in 12 chance (raw roll, no modifications for CON) that death will occur outright - in one case instant and the other within a couple of rounds. This is a roughly 17% chance of death once you reach the table.

Now, the process is you are reduced to zero hit points, fail a saving throw, then roll a 2 or 3 on the injury table. The amazing thing is how often this happens. - and these characters are at second level! And none of this takes into account the fact that a 4 is almost as bad - a severed limb! This also could mean death if nobody gets to the victim as they will bleed out. So now we're up to 25% chance of something truly catastrophic.

Again - this assumes you've lost all hit points and failed a save. But once a character reaches zero, they have to go through this process each time they are hit.

So I'm considering changing the table to provide a broader range and decreasing the percentage chance; closer to 10% for outright death and 15% for catastrophe. Perhaps a range of 3d6 or 4d6-4 or something....

ETA: Ya know, I ran the numbers through the magic Google-Box, and it's a bit different picture.

To roll that snake-eyes and get immediate death is actually a 2.78% chance. The total for getting either instant death or a mortal wound is actually 8.34%. Ironically, if I changed this to a straight d20 roll, the percentage of death would, apparently, actually go up!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:42 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next