View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Sharing a World 

Post Sharing a World
So, over on Circus Maximus, some of the other....ahem...older folks...like me kicked around an idea about (starting here) creating or using a shared world. It would not be quite as disconnected as publishing a world and letting it go but not as crazy as a true Living Campaign where everyone is forced to use the same rule set (in fact, I suggested it might be fun to purposefully use different rules).

This idea has garnered a bit of discussion, and I'm curious if anyone here is interested in this approach. Essentially, we'd agree on a world, decide some high level things (and perhaps some mid level?), then use the internet to keep each other updated about how our various groups are altering the world - to include using a sort of DM's exchange to discuss background and world stuff and using a separate channel for players to hear rumors and news of things happening across the world.

Some folks suggested Greyhawk. Wilderlands also came up. I said I'd prefer a home brew but wouldn't be hung up on that. It would seem more interesting to me to discuss parameters about what kind of world were were going to use. As a start, I like this list from Huge Ruined Pile. It's not the specifics, but I think it's a good example of a place to start...

Anyone interested?

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Sharing a World
Shared worlds are amazing when done right, the main difficulty is finding enough groups willing to switch off of what they're currently playing and jump into a new thing. I tried to get a nWoD shared world started here (it has MANY great things about it that lend it to a shared world) in Tucson, but the most we ever had was 2 games going on at the same time. There's not much fun crossover that can be generated there, you really need 3 or more.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]