View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
[player planning] zombie human test system 

Post [player planning] zombie human test system
So my group is starting a new campaign and the GM has set up a pretty neat scenario. We are ârt pf an elite Canadian military unit whose mission is to respond to a localize zombie breakout on Prince Edward Island. The role of our team is to blockade the Centenial Bridge and make sure nobody passes, zombie or human (the whole island has been quarantined). We are under time and material constraints, though we can order any weapons and equipment we want as long as we can get it there in under 4 hours.

There is also a PR element and a humanitarian one and it is possible (even probable) that non-zombies will be trying to get across the bridge as well. We can't let them pass, but we don't want to just abandon them to the claws and teeth of the zombies (and thus make more zombies).

So I'm thinking of setting up some kind of barricade into a separated-off safe area where humans could get into and hold tight, protected, while we deal with the zombies. What I am trying to come up with is a non-manned method for allowing humans to get in and not zombies. These are stupid, shambling zombies, so a voice activated gate would work, though I don't know if we have the time to set something like that up. Is there any other hand manipulation trick that a human could do to open a gate but a zombie couldn't? Any other ideas?

We have a session without the GM where we will do all our planning and ordering of supplies than the game starts the following session.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: [player planning] zombie human test system
What about something like a one way trap - put a human brain at one end so the zombies go in, but then the entrance doesn't allow for a mindless shuffling hunk of flesh to get back out. But a human, if someone somehow gets trapped, could figure out a way.

I'm reaching out for something, touching nothing's all I ever do.

If you're interested in GaryCon

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Racoon-proof garbage can lids!

EDIT: More seriously - just put up a fence with a gate. The gate needs to be self-closing (i.e. on a spring) and self-locking with a combination lock (they make these for swimming pool fences). Then put a sign on the gate with the combination to the lock.

Any human should be able to read the sign and punch in the code, then push the gate open. Do your zombies have the inteeligence and manual dexterity to do that?

I'd probably put two such gates together with a vestibule in between, so that the first could close and lock before the second gate was opened.

Alternatively, you could do a moat around the compound with a zip-line to enter. To get in, one would have to climb a tree and zoom in on the zip-line. Can't see zombies doing that.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Do you know the details for the outbreak?
Is the catalyst that makes someone a zombie airbourne, blood transfered?
You may be building a cage that will just end up a zombie pen in the end.
Personally I would set up several .50 to cover the entire causway and a field of claymore mines and razor wire everywhere they could possibly gain entry from the bridge. Also mine the bank of the bridge as well in case they pull that underwater shuffle crap, and as a fail safe mine the bridge supports just in case you need to bring the whole thing down in a hurry.
In the zombie appacolypse you are the only survivor, everyone else is already dead so shoot 1st and worry about the PR nightmare later.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]