View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cover for Zombipocalypse and Title discussion 

Cover for Zombipocalypse and Title discussion
So, at my playtest this week I ended up getting some folks who were less than enthused with the Zombipocalypse name. I am still not convinced but here is an alternate that might strike closer to the mood.

Infected: End of Days

Thoughts?

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Cover for Zombipocalypse and Title discussion
"Zombipocalypse" does have a certain ring and appeal to it, but (to me anyway) it suggests a light comical take on the idea. Which is good if that's what the game is :)

Infected: End of Days is more serious. I guess some might call it more "boring", but in general I prefer it to Zombipocalypse.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:39 am
Profile E-mail WWW

If I was at a game shop, brwosing games and saw Zombipocalypse and didn't know anything about it (no reviews, nothing) I would ignore it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

If I saw Infected: End of Days under the same circumstances, I would probably check it out.

Jason is dead on (pun intended). Zombipocalypse sounds sillier. I don't like humor, irony that are prevalent in horror flicks.

But depending on the tone of your game, you should probably take the more representative title.

I'd probably even prefer Infected, period. It's less reminiscent of the World of Darkness.

My mod voice is red

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 am
Profile E-mail

I'd make the word INFECTED larger and fatter. I'd also change the font on the bottom.

Man, I wish I had time this week to make my own cover for this just for fun, to see if I can put my meaphorical money where my big damn mouth is...

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 am
Profile E-mail

It's a gorgeous cover. Strong and bright. Really stands out and looks kind of scary.

The problem is that the zombie/infection genre is quite saturated these days and we are at the point where you need to differentiate your product so that the consumer gets immediately your take on the genre.

What is your take? Is there a webpage or another thread where you talk about the contents a bit more?

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Thanks guys. Dr, Something like this?

Zombipocalypse is a serious game which is a cross between the zombie, sci-fi and post-apoc genres. I talk a lot about it on the HinterWelt forums here:
http://www.hinterwelt.com/HWEForum/viewforum.php?f=23

But that is mostly systems talk. I talk more about the concept here:
http://www.hinterwelt.com/HWEForum/view ... f=23&t=387

Since it is a product in the development stages it does not have a web page as such. This is ideas are still forming and I need to think of a marketing strategy for it. In the broadest sense it is:
1. Alien organic based seed ship malfunctions after thousands or millions of years in space and targets Earth for its bioforming mission. This was originally devised by a benevolent alien race as a means to spread their life form throughout the galaxy. It was meant for worlds that were in their algae stages with no higher life forms. It would then genetically alter the algae and accelerate their development to be like the alien life form. The ship would create a space tether and orbiting station that would house the aliens history, knowledge and technology.

2. The bio-forming ORMOSIL do not play nice with higher brain functions or life forms. It mutates the body and destroys the mind;i.e. creating the infected.

3. The progression of the disease is variable but in most cases it is a 10 hour course from infection to madness.

4. The ORMOSIL will animate the recently dead a create Living Dead workers. These are usually mindless "zombies" that are doing the work of the "ship". The threat, in most cases, are the Infected, not the Living Dead.

5. The ship crashed near Detroit MI. The game is based, mostly, in Chicago.

That is the nutshell at this point.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Whoa....Infected: End of Days....nice. And I don't even have to think up a title for a campaign.

Edit: And this is not only a PDF, right ? There is a book, right?

Regards,
David R

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:02 am
Profile E-mail

David R wrote:
Whoa....Infected: End of Days....nice. And I don't even have to think up a title for a campaign.

Edit: And this is not only a PDF, right ? There is a book, right?

Regards,
David R

All my titles are print and pdf. I am thinking of using Ryan over at Guild of Blades for short run printing. I have not decided if I will put it through distro yet.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Bill:

Terrific cover, and the name is much better suited. Zombipocalype does carry an overtone of humor, and it wouldn't be the first mocking RPG you wrote, would it? :D

I especially love the "Beowolf" tone of the back cover blurb! Awesome!

-clash

I FLY BY NIGHT Blog: http://iflybynight.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 am
Profile E-mail

End of Days reminds me of the Arnie film.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next